About Bluelight Analytics
Bluelight Analytics was founded out of Dalhousie University in Halifax, Canada in 2009. Bluelight Analytics builds technologies that improve light-curing outcomes globally and promote value-based care in dentistry. With 180,000+ light curing tests, and 43,000+ practices visited, Bluelight Analytics has the deepest understanding of the relationship between curing lights and the materials they cure in the dental community.
Since 2015, 3M has been in partnership with Bluelight Analytics to help dentists improve the outcomes of their restorative dental procedures globally. By leveraging the advanced technology of Bluelight, 3M can continue to work with their customers to help ensure optimal health and quality of dental curing lights around the world. See the video below to learn more!
Up to 12% of class II restorations are failing in the first year. This includes clinical issues, such as:
- Post-operative sensitivity
- Microleakage, recurrent decay, and secondary caries
- Restorative Fracture
Proper light curing techniques have been found to be one of the most important factors to achieve a sufficient degree of polymerization of these restorations. With over 180,000+ curing light evaluated, Bluelight found:
- 6% of curing lights that needed to be repaired or replaced.
- 25% of curing lights measure outside of the manufacturer’s specification.
- 57% of dental assistants have never received formal training on light curing.
- 50% of practices never or rarely test the performance of their curing lights.
The CheckMARC service is provided by 3M in over 35 countries globally. The CheckMARC service is a complimentary service provided by 3M that tests all your curing lights and provides clinically relevant insights into your restorative procedures. Sign up for your CheckMARC visit here or contact your local 3M rep.
CheckMARC Service Explained:
Your local 3M rep will come to your practice and perform the following services for free:
- Upload all your light cured materials, which includes:
- Bonding agents
- Bulk fills
- Upload all your curing lights, no matter the brand. CheckMARC can test all types of curing lights on the market.
- Test each curing light at a 0mm distance and a clinically relevant distance of 6mm.
- Once complete, the 3M rep will be able to provide preliminary results to the practice, detailing out:
- Performance of the curing light at 0mm and at a clinically relevant distance.
- Compare the current output to the stated irradiance of the manufacturer.
- Curing times for all listed materials or light cured materials or restorative materials.
- Heat management techniques.
- And more!
- After the visit is complete, the 3M rep has each test reviewed by Bluelight’s science team to ensure accuracy and an approved report is sent to the practice for you to refer to!
Sign up here for your free CheckMARC visit. Fill out the form and your local 3M rep will be in touch to book a time to come in and test your curing lights!